- Rob's Bloody Mary Mix
- RAD Superstore
- Ask Dr. Rob
- Get To Know RAD!
- Holiday Recipes
- Production Team
- RAD Gives Back
- Ghetto, White Trash Or Other
General Contest Rules
Rob, Arnie and Dawn
General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by the Rob, Arnie and Dawn show unless otherwise set forth in specific contest rules for a particular contest. In certain cases, particular contests may have their own specific additional or alternative rules (in whole or in part) which will be set forth in a separate addition to these rules or in contest rules specific to a particular contest and will be available at www.robarnieanddawn.com
Who Can Enter
1. To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State(s) of California or Nevada who are 16 years of age or older. Show reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of any of RAD’s affiliate Stations, contest sponsors and any other radio stations within an affiliate market (defined as any radio station with its main studios located within a diameter of fifty (50) miles from the location of the affiliate radio station’s building), and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
3. Persons who have won another contest or promotion of any kind from the show or affiliates within the immediately preceding thirty (30) days or who have won prizes valued over $600 within the immediately preceding six (6) months are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win any other show contest (only the first chronologically awarded prize will be awarded), unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue. Contestants may only win one prize per contest (other than a grand prize winner who also wins a qualifying prize in that same contest), unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
5. Contestants may enter as often as they wish but only one winner per family or household per contest (only the first chronologically prize won will be awarded), unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue.
6. Show is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Show website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. Show not responsible for any printing errors.
7. All entries become the property of the Show and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Show’s sole discretion.
8. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Show may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
9. Depending on the contest, the Show will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
a. For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited, shall be eligible to win. Calls to any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. If the Show receives less that the requested number of calls (e.g., only 9 callers when the Show is looking for the 10th caller to win), Show reserves the right to re-conduct that contest at a later time or cancel that winning opportunity and not award the associated prize. For call-in contests that require entrants to answer questions or perform in some other manner, such contest will be judged by Show personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct or the “best” or most desirable (based on any lawful criteria show deems desirable). By calling the show line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Show’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
b. Certain call-in contests (as described in subsection (a) immediately above) may also provide that the call-in winner is also then automatically qualified for an entry in a grand prize drawing. In such event, the date and/or time of such grand prize drawing will be announced on-air and/or available at www.robarnieanddawn.com.
c. For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Such entries will only be accepted by first class United States mail and not by fax, hand delivery, overnight or same day courier, unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue. Only one entry is permitted per envelope (multiple entries within the same envelope will be disregarded). Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
d. For entry box contests, entries must be deposited in the official entry box by the announced deadline. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted). Official contest entry blanks are only available at the location of the official entry box while supplies last.
e. For internet based entries entrants will be asked to go to a particular website on particular days and times to enter a contest, as announced on-air or on the applicable Website. Criteria for winning and/or conditions for entry will be announced on-air and/or on the Website. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria set forth on-line and/or on-air with respect to the particular contest and may include one or more the following types of modes of entry/winning, without limitation: (a) answering survey questions, (b) correctly answering trivia questions, (c) making predictions or guesses with respect to certain upcoming events, (d) submitting essays (of specified lengths), photos, or audio, or (e) simply completing entry forms with contact information. For internet contests that require entrants to answer questions, submit materials or perform in some other manner, such contest will be judged by Show personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which emails or on-line entries were received and (ii) whether any answer or submission required to be given is correct or the “best” or most desirable (based on any lawful criteria Show deems desirable). For all internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void.
f. Certain mail-in, entry box, and/or internet contests may also provide that qualifying winners in such contests are also then automatically qualified for an entry in a random grand prize drawing or other grand prize winner determination, as described on-air and/or online. In such event, the date and/or time of such grand prize drawing will be announced on-air and/or on a Website.
g. For contests involving Show’s obligation to notify qualifiers or finalists or where there is a deadline for prize claims, if the Show did not have actual contact (in person or telephonic) with the winner as part of the contest, Show will only be required to leave one message at the number provided in the entry form (if applicable) or provided at the time that the show collected the winner’s information (by phone or in person). If no answer or answering machine is reached, Show will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. However, Show reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any qualifier/entrant/finalist/winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all qualifiers/entrants/finalists/winners an equal number of times.
h. Any of the Show contests may require that one or more selected entrants listen for their name to be announced on-air as a potential winner. In such events: (i) only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in (persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant), (ii) call-ins will only be eligible to win if the specific telephone number announced on air is the one called within the designated time, and (iii) the call-in call must be received and answered by the Station within the exact period of time announced.
10. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Show and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
11. All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up or received in a fashion arranged and agreed upon by show personnel. Failure to agree to terms forfeits prize.
12. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Winners may be required to sign a Liability Release Agreement relieving the show, its Stations, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number or complete or provide any other documents required by the Show by the deadline required will forfeit any and all contest prizes.
13. Show reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
14. Prizes not claimed within twenty (20) business days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Show. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Show Management.
15. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Show where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
16. Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner. Unless restrictions delivered to a specific winner differ from the following, the following will apply generally to prizes awarded in Show contests:
a. With respect to travel and/or event tickets of any kind, Show and sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of Show and its sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. Additionally, Show is not responsible for any work stoppage that may affect Show’s ability to provide any of the prizes. Show is not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations or delays.
b. Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on availability and include black-out periods, restrictions or excluded items (for example, tax, tips, alcoholic beverage, or goods from a particular manufacturer). Gift certificates are only redeemable at the locations for which they are specified.
c. Any prize involving the award of cash will be paid in the form of a company check, payable only to the winner and no other person. Checks will be ready for pick-up within 60 business days after winning.
h. In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited by the Sponsor or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
17. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawings, the odds of winning will depend upon number of entries received. For contests in which winners are qualified for a grand prize drawing, odds will depend on the total number of qualifiers. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
18. Show Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Show. Show members may, at their sole discretion, in games involving chance, guessing, etc, provide hints to contestants. Such occasions will be determind to be relevant solely by the show.
19. By participating in a Show contest, entrants hereby agree that Show has no, and hereby release Show and its contest sponsors from, responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
20. By participating in a Show contest, entrants hereby consents to the Show and contest sponsors’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for any other advertising and promotional purpose without payment of any additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
21. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
22. Show reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical and/or made available atwww.robarnieanddawn.com (iii) At anytime begin, conduct or terminate any contest which does not involve specific entry or conclusion dates as defined in separate, specific rules. Call in contests will be conducted at times and on days solely decided upon at the discretion of the show, regardless of promotional statements. For example, an on-air statement of “keep listening for your chance to win,” is in no way a promise or commitment of when such an opportunity will arise. At no time will show knowingly promote a contest in a misleading fashion and/or legitimately promote a contest that does not exist.
23. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any specific contest rules differ from these rules, the specific contest rules will govern and control.