Top 5 Worst Tom Hanks Movies Of All Time
TOP 5 WORST TOM HANKS MOVIES OF ALL TIME
Overview: After his recent failure this summer with Julia Roberts, “Larry Crowne,” America’s love affair with Tom Hanks is clearly over. He’s been in enough movies now to have a solid body of really crappy work and we’re going to highlight the worst of the worst.
Criteria: Nominees and choices must have starred Tom Hanks or used his voice, likeness or directing skills. We do not have to have seen the film. We’re good enough to know when something sucks so bad it’s not worth seeing.
Rob's Notes: I have met Tom Hanks and he was one of the biggest jerks of all time. He is a complete, absolute phony who is nothing like the care-free “good guy” he plays in most of his totally overrated movies. I was thrilled to compile this list.
Arnie's Notes: n/a
Rob's Top 5 -
|Arnie's Top 5 -|
5. Cast Away (Tom Hanks proved he is not compelling enough to carry an entire film on his own with just a volleyball. Not to mention one of the dumbest movie endings ever).
4. A League of Their Own. Not funny, not a baseball movie, just stupid.
3. Philadelphia (what a joke. Completely contrived and factually inaccurate, made only to exploit AIDS victims of the time. Only Hanks’ acceptance speech at the Academy Awards was more embarrassing)
2. Polar Express. (Last movie I walked out of…horrible and creepy)
1. Saving Private Ryan (The most absurdly unrealistic and factually inaccurate depiction of World War II in history. Multiple veterans groups boycott this movie’s existence and the fact that Hanks and Speilberg get a pass on their butchering of this film sickens me to this day)
Charlie Wilson’s War (complete propaganda film made for Hanks’ own liberal jollies)
You’ve got Mail (if you want to make a sequel to “Sleepless in Seattle,” then just make a sequel to “sleepless in Seattle”
Road to Perdition. Really? Tom Hanks as a mobster? REALLY?
5. The Terminal
4. The Da Vinci Code
2. Cast Away